Ginger tea is commonly used for sore throats and upset stomachs. But the benefits of ginger are many such as reducing post-workout soreness and even reducing headaches.
Eating a thin slice of ginger root daily provides numerous health and beauty benefits.
Medical Research About Ginger
Inflammation is a part of many diseases and injuries. Research Studies show ginger reduces inflammation.
Ginger contains gingerol and zingerone. These both reduce the inflammation to a number of common diseases and ailments.
- Ginger eases menstrual discomfort.
- Post Workout Soreness: Daily ginger consumption reduces muscle pain due to exercise-induced muscle injury. 
- Ginger is an effective pain reliever for osteoarthritis. 
Where to Find Fresh Ginger Root
Ginger root is readily available at most grocery stores. Some people with green thumbs even can grow their own.
Juiced or bottled Ginger juice can be found at Trader Joe’s, health food stores, and even online retailers such as Amazon.
Ginger powder and paste are also options to get some of the benefits of ginger. Candied ginger offers some benefits, but not the full anti-inflammatory benefits of ginger root.
How to Maximize the Benefits of Ginger
Pineapple Juice, grapefruit juice, and black pepper can enhance the benefits of ginger. These ingredients work synergistically to reduce inflammation and promote healing.
Ginger can be consumed directly, or as tea. Fresh ginger can also be incorporated into smoothies, teas, and meals. It gives a zesty flavor to marinades.
Don’t over do it! Just a little ginger adds plenty of flavor and is all you need for maximum health benefits.
- Black CD, Ginger (Zingiber officinale) reduces muscle pain caused by eccentric exercise. J. Pain. 2010 Sep;11(9):894-903. doi: 10.1016/j.jpain.2009.12.013.
- Hoseinzadeh K., Et al, “Acute effects of ginger extract on biochemical and functional symptoms of delayed onset muscle soreness.” Med J Islam Repub Iran. 2015 Sep 12;29:261.