Goji Berry is a superfood with skin and hair benefits. One benefit is How to Fix Damaged Hair with Goji Berry. It even helps with premature gray hair!
What is a Goji Berry?
Goji berries are also known as wolfberries. They are considered a superfood. These berries are grown without pesticides or other chemicals. Goji berries have nutrients to repair damaged skin and hair. They nourish hair follicles, the scalp and even help healthy hair growth.
As a superfood, Goji Berry is high in antioxidants and many vitamins and nutrients. It generally comes in dried form similar to a raisin. It makes for a tasty and healthy snack, in moderation. It also comes as goji berry juice. It is excellent for visioncare. When applied topically, Goji Berries provide several benefits to both hair and skin. One benefit includes reducing premature gray hair!
How Does Goji Berry Benefit Hair and Scalp
Goji berries contain vitamins to repair damaged hair and scalp. A healthy scalp is the foundation for healthy hair growth. Goji berries can help support a healthy, hydrated scalp and promote follicle health.
What Is The Research?
Research shows the following topical application properties for hair and scalp:
- Goji berries are rich in vitamin C to synthesize the collagen necessary for both skin repair and hair growth.
- Goji Berries contain 19 amino acids, the building blocks of the hair protein keratin. Amino acids penetrate the hair shaft to repair and strengthen. Amino acids are also hydrating and increase the efficacy of other hydrating humectant agents in this formula, such as glycerin.
- Goji berries contain trace minerals to topically feed follicles including zinc, iron, calcium, germanium, selenium, and phosphorus.
- Copper aids hair growth and follicle health. The topical application of copper increases the size of shrunken hair follicles. It stops hair thinning and often reduces premature graying. 
- Goji berries are antioxidants that contain vitamins B1, B2, B6, and vitamin E, plus beta-sisterol, an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Linoleic acid is an omega-6 fatty acid has anti-inflammatory and hydrating properties for hair and scalp. Omega-6 makes hair feel lush and stronger. 
How to Use Goji Berry for Hair Health
Goji Berries are found in shampoos, conditioners, serums and masks. Goji berry oil is available at many retailers. Choose organic and cold pressed when possible.
Goji Berry Oil for Hair
To use Goji berry oil, add it to your hair conditioner to make a nourishing hair masque. Or combine with a carrier oil such as jojoba or safflower oil to make a warm oil treatment. This oil combination is also beneficial for a scalp massage to encourage circulation, hydrate the scalp and strengthen the hair follicle.
Goji berries contain vitamins to repair damaged hair and scalp. Goji Berry oil may even help reverse premature gray hair.
Was How to Fix Damaged Hair with Goji Berry Oil useful? Then you may like How to Use Amla Oil to Fix Damaged Hair
- Andrei Mocan, et al. “UHPLC-QTOF-MS analysis of bioactive constituents from two Romanian Goji (Lycium barbarum L.) berries cultivars and their antioxidant, enzyme inhibitory, and real-time cytotoxicological evaluation,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, Volume 115, 2018, Pages 414-424, ISSN 0278-6915, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2018.01.054.
- Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology, July 2001, pages 392-399
- Bernice Cheung, Macy Kwan, Ruth Chan, Mandy Sea, Jean Woo, Chapter 47 “Potential of Asian Natural Products for Health in Aging, Molecular Basis of Nutrition and Aging”, Academic Press, 2016, Pages 659-676
- Alessandra Cristina Pedro, et al, Qualitative and nutritional comparison of goji berry fruits produced in organic and conventional systems, Scientia Horticulturae, Volume 257, 2019, 108660, ISSN 0304-4238, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scienta.2019.108660.