Rice water is used by millions of women for long, strong, silky, beautiful hair. Learn how this ancient remedy can work for your own hair! It is fast, effective, inexpensive and so easy! How to Best Use Rice Water For Beautiful Hair
Why Rice Water Is Great for Hair
Rice Water, the cloudy liquid that remains after cooking rice, contains several nutrients that benefit the hair and scalp. Fermented rice water contains additional beneficial nutrients.
The most important nutrient in fermented rice water is Inositol. Inositol helps hair breakage and damage. It penetrates deeply into the hair and helps repair the broken hair bonds.
Even if the hair is just rinsed with rice water, inositol continues working on hair damage. This helps hair retain length so that it can grow longer.
Rice water also contains:
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin E
- Proteins including Amino acids
Rice Water Benefits
Rice water is beneficial for hair because it:
- removes impurities on the scalp
- detangles the hair
- makes hair soft and shiny
- provides strength from amino acid proteins
- supports hair growth and length retention
How to Make Fermented Rice Water for Hair
You can strain and save the cloudy water left over after cooking, or just soak the rice and save it for later.
- Soak a half cup of rice in two cups of water.
- Stir occasionally until the water is cloudy and almost opaque.
- Strain the water into a separate bowl. Set aside the rice.
Rice water can be used immediately, but for full benefit, ferment the rice water. Here is how to ferment rice water:
- Take the bowl of cloudy rice water, and cover it with a cloth.
- Leave the bowl out for atleast 12 and up to 24 hours.
- Remove the cloth and pour the water into a spray bottle or jar with cap.
- This container can be stored in the refridgerator for up to a week.
Tips for Best Use of Fermented Rice Water
- Dilute concentrated rice water as it can be drying to the hair
- After washing the hair, do a rice water rinse treatment. Using two bowls, pour rice water over the hair, catching the water with the other bowl. Repeat this process for a few minutes to allow a full treatment. Do a final cool water rinse.
- Do a light spray of diluted rice water onto freshly washed wet hair as a protein treatment.
- Add a few drops of essential oil such as lavender, rose or sweet orange.
Fermented Rice Water treatment works for hair that has lost its luster. It provides Inositol to address broken bonds and add strength. It also makes hair shiny!